It was great to meet so many excited people – couples, families and wedding parties – at the Bridal Expo held at Exhibition Park Canberra on the weekend. Many had only just become engaged and were there to find out what was involved in organising a wedding. Others had particular things like the dress or the table settings on their research list. Thanks for dropping in to say ‘Hello’.
Two questions which were often put to me were:
- How far in advance do I have to book? My answer was that in Spring and Autumn particularly October, November, March and April, celebrants tend to get booked up at least six months in advance. At other times a couple of months in advance should be enough to find a celebrant. Remember though, that you need to do the Notice of Intended Marriage with your celebrant at least one month before the ceremony.
- Do you travel? Yes I am happy to travel outside of Canberra. My travel costs are calculated at 80cents per km for the round trip less 75 km.
My tips for getting the most out of wedding fairs and expos are:
- Look, listen and ask questions. Never feel pressured. You don’t actually need to sign up for anything on the day. You’ll be given heaps of information and you need time to go through it in a relaxed way.
- Come prepared with a real or mental list of information or ideas you want to gain.
- Have fun. Everything about your wedding day and the lead up to it needs to be enjoyable and memorable.
Any ceremonies booked with me before 31/12/16 will attract a 10% discount. Quote ‘Bridal Expo’ to receive this offer.